Our last time as a family of three...

Everything went very smoothly and our little angel graced us just before 8 AM. It took them just a few minutes longer to get him out because the cord was wrapped around him twice and then twisted together. Poor little thing was crying before they even got him out. Joe proudly announced that we had a little boy!


Zachary got to have his first bath later that night when we finally settled into our hospital room...
And then Daddy went and got big brother Adam to come meet his little brother. 
Zachary had to spend a few days "suntanning" in the nursery as he was slightly jaundiced. It hurt me not to have him in the room with me, but I knew it was for his own good. The nurses were wonderful and took good care of my little angel. Many of them were the same ones that took care of Adam when he was there just 17 short months ago. (we ended up being in the same wing of the hospital, and actually one room down from where we were with Adam and therefore with some of the same wonderful and caring nurses-- they kidded me about "seeing me soon" when I left). The nurses were amazed with Zach's acrobatic abilities. He somehow turned completely around in the phototherapy booth while he was recieving his "suntan" treatments. We're still not sure how he did it! He is quite the little wiggle worm- he must be so excited to have space to turn around after being stuck sideways with a cord around him for so long!
Big brother also wanted to help... he made sure that his little brother got safely to the nursery.
Zachary and I got the all clear yesterday morning to head home. It was an amazing feeling to come home and sit together as a wonderful family of four! I thank God for this miracle that has graced our lives.



2 comments:
I LOVE the pictures! Keep them coming...I cannot wait to meet him!
Ok I know you must be really busy enjoying your new child and all so I'll try to say this in the nicest way...I want some more pictures! :)
Post a Comment