Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Burnt

Last night we had some steaks to cook. I was excited as we normally do not have steak. I made supper for the boys while Joe went to put the steaks for us on the grill. I heard a "puff" and then Joe peaks his head in the door. "Do I still have a face?" he asks. I did not know how to respond and did not know what he was talking about. Then he tells me that the grill isn't working and that he just had a big fireball fly up into his face. I continued to feed the boys and then went to get them cleaned up. I had resolved that, with the grill not working, I wasn't going to get my steak after all. Joe follows me upstairs and says, "Look all the stuff from the grill got in my hair." I investigate further and then come to the conclusion that it's not the stuff from the grill-- the ends of his hair are BURNT! (I tried to convince him to let me take a picture, but he was not amused by my wanting to document the scene). So now he has a little bit less hair than he had before and his eyelashes are a little shorter, but I thank God that he is okay.

Oh-- and I did get my steaks. We just cooked them on the stove instead. Not as good as on the grill, but not too bad either.

No comments: