Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our Ike Evacuees

Sorry for not posting in awhile, but this past week was quite busy as we harbored some Ike fugitives. My mom and dad narrowly missed Ike as they made their way up for a visit. Although the purpose wasn't necessarily to avoid Ike, it did make for a good excuse. My mom came in last Wednesday for a week visit and then they surprised me with my dad flying in for the weekend. I am still not sure how my dad got in and out as the airports were practically shut down!?!

Some of the things we did... doctors visits (check-ups for me and Zachary, lab work for Adam, and even a visit to the ER- luckily nothing serious, just a bad cold for the 2 week old, caught from the 17 month old). We also visited the zoo, did some home organization, and gave away lots of kisses and hugs. Zachary also had the chance to show off his amazing potty skills. Everyone knows that little boys are famous for their shooting pee skills... but Zachary has another talent. As I was on the phone with a friend, my mom went to help me out by changing Zach's diaper. When I heard shouting I came running. I found my mom and floor (3 feet away from the changing table) covered in poop! Wish I had a picture to show! The joys of being a mom (and grandmother)!

On a serious note... words cannot describe the weekend of memories. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU KDan and Gigi. We love you very much!


1 comment:

CGS said...

Looks like you all had a great visit! How lucky your parents missed Ike. You look great! We're headed up your way this weekend, so I'll give you a call later this week to see if we can get together. Meg