Monday, September 22, 2008

Cookie Monster

Without my wonderful mom we would have nothing to eat right now! I HATE grocery shopping and really do not feel like doing it right now. And everyone knows that I am NOT the type of wife/ mother that is great at whipping up a home cooked meal every night. But with the two boys and Adam approaching the age where he is beginning to understand things more, it is important to me to try to sit down to a nice family dinner as much as possible. And by family dinner I do not mean sitting in front of the t.v. with take-out which seems to be the norm in the "fast-paced" world that we live in now. For me, family dinner means sitting together at the table, saying grace, and spending at least a few brief moments quietly with one another. Thank goodness for my mom who got us some quick meals (ones that I shouldn't be able to mess up too bad) so that we can have our family dinners! I told her she could grab a few things at the store, and then she showed up at the house with bags full of groceries... enough meals to last us several weeks! I don't think she realized how much this meant to me and how much I appreciate such!


A special treat for Adam was some chocolate chip cookies that I promised her I would make with him this past weekend... well I hate to break my promise... but we ended up breaking out the cookies a little sooner. I kept Adam home from school on Thursday and Friday becuase the flu bug was going around-- we have seen enough doctors lately and if I can avoid another trip, I will do my best to do so. Feeling bad that Adam couldn't hang out with his friends and do all the fun things they do at school, I decided to let him have his cookies a little early! (Not to mention I had a sweet tooth as well- sure they don't fit on my diet, but whatever).







2 comments:

Ragan said...

Adorable! Give him a kiss for me!

CGS said...

Looks like you had fun Adam! Cooper likes to cook with me too. Whenever I ask him if he wants to cook, he says "chair." Meaning he wants me to bring a chair in from the dining room (or he will if I'm not quick enough) so he can stand on it and help me cook.