
We ran into the "Chief" and tried to take a picture-- Adam was not so excited about this idea.
It was a little warm down so close to the field and I didn't want the boys out for too long, but our tickets also allowed us up to the club level... so during the 2nd and 3rd quarters we spent some time indoors in the air conditioning.
After cooling off and making sure the boys were well hydrated- we went back to our seats to watch our team finish off a great winning game!



After the game we were invited by one of the player's brothers into the player parking lot. Joe was excited to get some pictures of Adam with the players and some signatures for his jersey. I was excited to see all the cool cars! :) You know you are a Redskins fan if you can name that player in these pictures...






After spending some time in player's lot we headed back to our car. We changed the boys (Zachary had a blow out on the walk to the car so he needed a whole wardrobe change) and then headed home. We thought we had avoided the traffic by staying so long after the game, but that wasn't the case. We hit some bad traffic 10 minutes into the drive... which is about the time that Joe brought out the package of peanuts. The next hour and half was miserable as we chugged along at 5 miles an hour... Adam screaming becuase he wanted the pacakage of peanuts that we would not allow him to have and Zachary crying every time his pacifier fell out of his mouth. We kept thinking Adam would eventually forget about the peanuts and quiet down. But then I remembered that he is the child of me and Joe! It was a very trying evening and Joe and I practically joined the boys in tears as well as our patience wore VERY thin. Adam is definately testing us! Does anyone have some advice on how to deal with a stubborn little boy who is entering his terrible twos? He can be such a pain at times, but all he has to do is flash that adorable little grin and my heart melts all over again.
I know that with a household of boys I am in store for many more days like this... days of sweating through sports games and trying not to lose my sanity over peanut fits. Am I crazy to say.... how blessed I am!
2 comments:
Cambrey, congratulations! Welcome to team boys! It has been a while, but I try to keep up with you through Cassandra. You know she has always been in the know. Hang in there. It will get easier. I have four boys...yes, I said four...the last two are twins. They will be two in December. I am staying home with them this year while the older two are in school. I am loving every minute of it. I got your information from Taylor, as I am thinking about doing some tutoring for her at SFA. Email me and fill me in on Shelby, your crew, and your career. Hope to hear from you soon. Email: shansclanof4@gmail.com
You are so much braver (or crazier) than I am!
Post a Comment