Although I felt guilty about it at first, I was running on empty and decided to take the day off from work. Joe was going to take Adam in to daycare and let me get some uninterrupted rest, but I told him that since I will be going on a business trip soon and will miss him greatly... I really just wanted to spend the day with my son (even if I wasn't feeling top notch).
After getting some MUCH needed rest, I woke up feeling much better around noon and decided to turn a rainy gloomy day into a wonderful day spent hanging out with one of the most important people in my life-- having taken to heart some words of wisdom from my dear sister.
So, Adam and had a late pancake breakfast and then headed downtown to the aquarium. After having some good times with the fish- we dropped by "Daddy's" work and joined him for lunch. Then we headed back towards home, but not before stopping by the park for some swinging fun. We just awoke from our late afternoon naps and I now feel as if what I thought was going to be a bad day... is one of the best days ever!
I truly enjoy my job,the people I work with, and the things I get to do-- but the moments spent with my husband and children are the ones that I will remember and cherish. Tomorrow I can return to work not only rested, but renewed.
3 comments:
good for you! it's nice to play hookie with your favorite people! =) Meg
also, way to go for keeping up with the posting! =)
What a PERFECT day!
Post a Comment