Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Growing Boy

Adam pulled a bunch of his baby announcements out of a box the other day and as I was looking at them, I was reminded how quickly children grow. I have heard this a million times, but when you witness the changes in your own child over nine short months... it is indescribable.

Adam has some great teachers and good friends at his daycare and enjoys going to "school". But he also would prefer Joe or I to stay there with him all day- when we drop him off he is somewhat slow to let go of us. That wasn't the case yesterday! Joe normally drops him off in the mornings, but it had been a rough morning and I had was driving into work. I decided I would drop him off on my way in; he therefore was dropped off a little earlier than usual. Recently he was moved into the "older infant" room. One of the differences with this room is that they are offered center food. Adam LOVES it! For breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack his teachers get out these adorable miniature high chairs and line all the kids up in a semi-circle. Adam has clearly figured out what it means when these chairs start coming out of the closet. When we arrived early yesterday (just in time for breakfast), Adam saw all his friends being put in the chairs and couldn't get out of my arms fast enough. As soon as I put him down he hightailed it over to his teacher, crawled up into the chair, and sat there patiently awaiting his oatmeal. No look around to see what I was doing, no kiss goodbye. In this aspect he is much like his mom. Now, I've got to go because I'm starving and need to get more to eat! :)

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I think that is the entire family! :) I gotta go eat too!