Two weekends ago (yes I am aware that I am behind a bit on my postings) we went to my mom's club holiday party. This year is the first year that Adam is kind of aware of what is going on and we were curious to see how he would react. We have been talking about Santa and Adam can point to pictures of him on gift bags, holiday photos, etc. And he absolutely loves the idea of gifts! I have to constantly keep an eye on him as he has been trying to unwrap the gifts under the tree for days now. He gets that they are presents to be opened but he doesn't understand that you have to wait to Christmas and can't open them in the "present"!
And it is Zachary's first Christmas! Being very visual-- he is all wide eyed about all the interesting things to be seen during this magical time of year.

At the party there was coloring...

Cookie decorating...

Cookie eating...
Napping...
Listening to a story (the Night Before Christmas)...
And then the main event- SANTA!! Adam was less than amused to have his picture taken with Santa. We thought that perhaps seeing all the other kids with Santa and also having talked about him the days before would help. But this was not the case.
However... he would NOT let go of the gift Santa brought for him!!
We didn't fair much better with Zachary.
Adam liked the sword he got from Santa.
Zachary and his toys-- perhaps Santa isn't sooo bad after all!
And in addition to his sword, Adam also got a fun classic toy-- Mr. Potato Head.


Trying to decide whether he wants to go say goodbye to Santa.
Our attempt to get a picture of the boys by the little tree. Adam refused to let go of his sword and I thought Zachary might just jump out of his carrier.

And in addition to his sword, Adam also got a fun classic toy-- Mr. Potato Head.


Trying to decide whether he wants to go say goodbye to Santa.
Our attempt to get a picture of the boys by the little tree. Adam refused to let go of his sword and I thought Zachary might just jump out of his carrier.
The holiday season is always one of my favorite times of year. I look forward to sharing some of the traditions from my childhood with my boys as well as creating some of our own.
2 comments:
you look great!!
I love the picture of Adam with Santa. Coop just sat in his lap and looked down. Wouldn't look up or talk or anything.
Post a Comment