Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My answers for Taylor

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper- it's so much more fun to open.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I would love a real tree. I love that fresh smell of pine. But right now we have a fake one and a pine candle.

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving. (this year it took us three days and two weekends to actually complete the process of getting it up and decorated-- such is the life with two under two)

5. Do you like eggnog? Actually I don't think I've ever really tried it. Not sure I want to either.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? It wasn't as a child- but my Easy Bake Oven. I had asked Santa for it year after year as a kid and he finally brought it to me a few years ago. I cried. Also my school house key holder that Justin made for me in cub scouts one year.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Justin gave me a little figurine several years ago. It is one of my favorite and treasured Christmas decorations.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Whoever I end up drawing in the sibling gift exchange. For some reason I always get someone that for that particular year is difficult.

9. Easiest person to buy for? No one. I find it difficult to shop for everyone becuase I am VERY particular about my gifts and what I get people.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. At least they are sitting on my desk ready to be mailed. I have a knack for getting mail ready to go, but then forgetting to actually get it in the mailbox.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of anything.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life ... and isn't it indeed. (Also the Grinch)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I see something that I can't pass up.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The uncooked sugar cookie dough Christmas eve, cinnamon rolls Christmas morning, and pumkin pie Christmas day.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
There are so many... Where are you Christmas? (this made me cry when I first heard it in "The Grinch"-- to me it's so true... why does the holiday begin to lose some its wonder as we grow older-- I refuse to allow the hustle and bustle of the holiday season take away from the true meaning... and YES I still believe in Santa Claus) , Carol of the Bells (I LOVE to hear the choir sing this), Do you hear what I hear?, What Child is This?, Sleigh Ride and Little Drummer Boy (remind me of a CD my mom would play every Christmas growing up), and of course... Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen (and Rudolph)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither-- a big bow. Taylor did a big bow for our tree in College-- I liked it so it sort of stuck.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open our Christmas nightgowns Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning (a tradition from my childhood).

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The weight gain.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We started the tradition of having a photo ornament each year for the kids. I think it will be cool to be reminded of how the boys have grown from year to year as we place them on the tree. The hope is that one day they will be passed on, and the boys will replace their pictures with ones of their children.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? The desserts that come afterwards (hence the extra weight gain that is such an annoyance).

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Other than joy from my children? Pots and pans to go along with my new silverware!

26. Who are you going to tag for this Christmas questionnaire?? Ragan and Lauren-- come on you two... Carla and I played along, now it's your turn!

No comments: