Tuesday, July 29, 2008

PIH

Pregnancy induced hypertension... that's what is keeping me in the bed for the remainder of the pregnancy. All the blood work has come back okay and I haven't developed full blown preeclampsia yet (which is what I ended up having with Adam at the very end of his pregnancy). So I am doing well-- I just have some high blood pressure, edema (swelling) and I am gaining TONS of weight each week (around 3-4 pounds a week). A lot of it may just be because its the summer- but we are keeping an eye on it and I am now off from work and (trying to) relax from home. I have been trying to keep my mom's advice in mind:

1) There is nothing I can't do for a month. Especially when it means the safety of my child.
2) God does not give us any obstacles we can't handle.
3) Perhaps this is God's way of telling me to SLOW DOWN.
4) God does indeed have a plan and I need to trust in Him.

I have actually decided that this might not be so bad after all. This will perhaps be the last time for a long while that I will be able to enjoy some quiet time at home by myself. I have decided that there are a few house projects that I could work on... my home office files could use some cleaning out, I need to put the new knobs on our kitchen cabinets, and then of course I plan to put the bassinet back together for the arrival of our little angel. And I was thinking I might try to pick up a hobby/ craft project. Who thinks I would be good at needle pointing?!? Yea... probably not... I will leave that craft to my mom who is the best at it and perhaps find something else!

And the best way to spend my time... blogging of course! I am sure you will see many new entries in the weeks to come! :)

2 comments:

CGS said...

I keep trying to call you, but get your voice mail. Give me a ring when you get a chance. We're coming up in a couple of weeks and I want to see you. =) Meg

Kierstyn said...

Cambrey,

That sucks! I'm very sorry that you are having to be in bed, I'm sure you're going nuts!

Have you thought about scrapbooking. And if you think it's a good idea, I'll just send you all mine. :-) Just kidding!

Hang in there!