I had another doctor appointment last Thursday. My sonogram, as I said, came back okay although the baby is a good size and I am on the higher side (85%) of normal for fluid-- so these two things are making me measure a few weeks ahead. I also did some bloodwork which all came back normal. However, I have some edema- i.e. swelling (most likely just from the high heat of the summer months) and my blood pressure is running a little high. So... I was sent for more blood tests and put on bed rest for a week. At the end of my pregnancy with Adam I developed preeclampsia. Normally it is just in the first pregnancy that this is an issue, but as I am having high blood pressure and excessive weight gain a lot earlier... they are just keeping an eye on it. Everything is still going well- it was just decided that I need some R&R for a week. So here I sit-- and if you know me... I am not very good about sitting still! But when you become a parent your life changes... I would do anything for the sake of my children. Sitting on the couch for a week is such a small sacrific (and I am doing my best to try to enjoy some quiet time at home with just me and my little blessing to be).
The biggest downside to not feeling my best and being as big as a house is that it is difficult at times (and I get yelled at) if I pick up Adam. It's hard because I know he doesn't understand so I try to get Joe to hand him to me for lots of cuddling as much as possible. On a funny note-- I'll have Adam sit next and cuddle up to me... and as soon as I do... the baby will shift and curl up on the opposite of me. It's almost as if the baby is already annoyed by Adam trying to cramp his space! I can't wait to see the two of them interact with one another. My siblings are my best friends and I hope the same for my children.
2 comments:
You stay in bed! It is all worth it...every single bit of it!
We cannot wait to meet that little one...at the END of August! :)
I'm sure Adam will be a big help with the new baby like he was in his classroom. My cousin's 2 year old likes to try to pick up their new baby. =)
Enjoy the rest - I mean really, it's not going to happen too much in your foreseeable future. =)
Post a Comment