Thursday, July 31, 2008

Homebound projects

So here is an update on some of my projects I have decided need to be done while I am home on bedrest...

Our dishwasher recently went out-- amongst so many other things in our home-- and we decided to start slowly making the switch to updated appliances, starting with the dishwasher but it didn't match our current gold knobs (not to mention our other appliances, but that is okay). We went out and found some really cool silver knobs to replace the gold and I started to put them up but then found out they were a cm too big when you use the backplate. Joe absolutely loves them (as do I) and said that you can't really tell. Being the perfectionist I am I wasn't so sure... but we decided to just go with it and take the backplate off if it really starts to bug me or if someone else notices (don't any of you say anything if you come to my house)! So I wouldn't change my mind (as I do so often) Joe stayed up last night and finished putting the knobs on the cabinets to surprise me! So one of my projects was completed-- although not by me! :)



And another project complete- putting together the bassinet. The approaching arrival of our little one is becoming more and more real!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hello Cambrey,
I am keeping up to date with you!
Really hope you take of yourself!
Really love all the pictures of Adam! Looking forward to the news of the new little one!
The knobs look GREAT!!!!

Take care sweetie
God bless
Karen

Taylor said...

Love the knobs! :) They look awesome!

You are motivating me to go and finish ours.

Carla said...

Correct me if I'm wrong but when the doctor says bed rest, should you be laboring all over your house? I can't blame you for not being able to just sit, but don't forget to enjoy the time you have!

CGS said...

I think my projects are even better when my husband does them! =)