Friday, July 11, 2008

Growing, growing, growing

We went to the doctor this past Monday and once again I tipped the scales. It seems like it makes no difference what I do or eat... my doc said that sometimes it is just the makeup of your chemistry (thanks mom!). And the nurse said that my pregnancy chemistry is just such that I will probably gain no matter what so... eat what you want and worry about it after the baby comes. I was a little upset about the weight thing but then decided-- that since it doesn't matter-- to just take the nurse's advice. So today, instead of the turkey sandwich and granola bar I have been packing for lunch... I decided to treat myself to an Arby's milkshake and roast beef sandwich. (I think I deserve it after the long week it's been... I'll try to do better tomorrow!) HA!

Further into the discussion with the doctor, he asked how I am feeling and I told him that I just felt BIG! And I meant more than just the feeling that I am gaining weight. He said that often women do when they are pregnant with their second... but then he measured me. And lo and behold-- I am measuring 3 weeks ahead of what I should be. So he scheduled me for another sonogram and some blood work to find out what was going on.

I was excited about being able to have a third sonogram and see our little one again but nervous about it at the same time. Hence the reason I didn't post anything about it until now. Yesterday we went in for the sonogram and learned that the baby is in the normal range of size but on the higher end and my fluid is in the normal range, but also on the higher end. These two things combined are what is most likely causing me to weigh and measure a few weeks ahead. The baby itself looks good! Which is all that really matters and all that I wanted to hear!

We are just a month and half or so away from the date in which we hope to welcome our angel into the world. This pregnancy has flown by and I think the reality of it is just now beginning to settle in with Joe and me. I still don't think Adam has any clue what is in store for him, but know that he is going to be a great big brother. He has become quite interested in my growing belly, especially my belly button which is beginning to stick out a little bit. When we ask him where the baby is he sticks his finger in my belly button. It's quite a humorous sight, but NO there will NOT be any pictures of it so you will just have to take my word for it! Sorry to disappoint you Kason.

I will however post a couple pictures from the sonogram as soon as I can get them uploaded. We tried for awhile to get a good picture of the baby's face but the cord was in the way, and it looked like the baby had a mustache! We did get a great one of our little one's footprint which makes me smile every time I look at it!

No comments: