Friday, March 19, 2010

To have and to hold

I've been a very bad blogger.  I just can't seem to keep up lately.  I've just been so busy with life that I haven't had time to blog about it.  Time passes much too quickly.  I was reminded of that last week when Joe and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary!

Yesterday some of my sisters friends asked how we met and I was retelling them our story.  Everytime I tell the story it reminds me of how miraculous God is-- how He takes the pieces of our lives and weaves them together in such a way that looking back it is almost unbelievable. I'll save our full meeting, dating and engagement story for another date, but it is undeniably fate and faith that brought us together.  Sure we have our fair share of ups and downs, but I am so lucky to have married my best friend, my soulmate, and someone who I fall more deeply in love with everyday (cliche but true).

We didn't do anything wild on our anniversary- we didn't go anywhere exotic, we didn't eat at a fancy restuarant, or make any big plans.  What we did do is take the day off from everything else and spent it with eachother.  What can be more wonderful?  After a relaxing day out with my husband we picked up our children- testaments of our love for one another- and had a great dinner out... at Dairy Queen.  It was one of the best days I have had in quite awhile.  The thing is this... it's not where you are, but who you're with that can make a moment special.

I pray that we always keep sight of the sacred vows we made...
That we always trust in God who brought us together... 
That we continue to lean on one another in good times and bad...
That we take time to laugh...
Time to love...

And time to have and hold onto one another.

And just becuase he's such a goof ball and cutie... the final picture I'll leave you with is Zachary enjoying his Dilly Bar at our anniversary dinner.  The icecream bar was almost the size of his head yet he chomped it down in no time!

No comments: