This winter I saw more snow than I have ever seen in my life. It was a record breaking season for us-- and there are still some lingering, what I have been calling, "snow mountains" in parking lots and side roads. For the most part though, it is beginning to melt, and we are starting to see some first signs of spring. Our final little pile of snow in our yard was melted by this mornings early showers, but here are some looks back on how it looked around our house this winter...
Snow round 1- mid December
Daddy did a LOT of shoveling-- while we stayed inside where it was warm!
We eventually went out on the back patio where Daddy had made a path for Major (and us).
With so much shovling, Joe was glad when the neighbors finally came out and started helping out with the snow blower.
We decided to attempt to take the boys sledding at a nearby school.
The snow was a bit too powdery (is that a word), but they still had fun!
Snow Round 2-- the Snowmaggaden
Unfortunately it was just before the BIG snowstorm in early Februay that my camera crashed on me. So I don't have many pictures of the back to back storms that trampled records and left us homebound for almost a week. I will try to pull some pictures from my camera phone and video camera later... but here are a few for now.
Joe decided that the perfect place for sledding was actually no other place than... our front yard! It slopes a bit, so he dug out a little "slide" for the kids and it was perfect!
Other than sledding in front yard, I tried to come up with lots of fun things for the kids to do while we were home and indoors-- we baked cookies, we made Valentine's day cards, we planned out Adam's birthday party, we played board games, we rode our bikes in the basement... there were lots of neighborly gatherings in the street or hudled around a heater in a garage... and we traded movies and had dinners at eachothers homes (I am so blessed with such great neighbors!). I was afraid at one point that we would be snowed in and we wouldn't be able to make down to my brother's couples shower- thankfully that wasn't the case.
Needless to say we were ready for the sun to start shining again... and when it finally did this past week... and it warmed up a bit... the boys and I hit the road in their wagon for the park at the school (the same one in the pictures above covered by snow a few weeks back).
Whatever we are doing... rain or shine... I'm just so happy to be doing it together with my family that I love so dearly. Stay tuned for more fun adventures...


















No comments:
Post a Comment