It has happened to me before... no doubt it will happen again...
Last night I lay with my two boys in bed as Joe slept in the other room. Zachary was teething and waking every few hours... Adam was having a bad night and wanted to be with us... Joe was snoring and keeping us up, so he moved to the other room. I would like to say that this is not the normality in our home, but that would not be the truth. However that is not the point of this story.
I had just fallen asleep, not feeling well from a lingering cold. As I drifted into peaceful dreaming, a bump and cry awoke me. I screamed out "Oh my God." And then a few seconds passed that I do not know about and don't remember.
Next thing I do know... I was on the other side of the bed, cradling a shaking Adam in my arms and Joe was in the room asking me what happened. I looked up and said, "I don't know, I guess Adam rolled off the bed." Thank God it was nothing serious and Adam was just fine. Joe continued to ask me how it happened and I again explained that I'm not sure- something awoke me, but I don't remember turning to look for Adam or consiously thinking anything. I must have subconciously, immediately known what had happened and ran for my baby. He commented... "you just had a mother's instinct." And as we settled back into bed cuddling our boys, I commented... "A guardian angel took over."
No comments:
Post a Comment