One of my big New Year's resolutions-- watching what I say ever more closely. We have come to the phase where Adam (and even Zachary) pick up on and remember EVERYTHING. Although I am not a big cursor... I do let a word or two come out every now and then.
Last night I was ticked off with the tv in our room-- we need a new one, but that is a different story. Joe had brought home some cheap DVDs from a Blockbuster that was going out of business. Adam was excited and wanted to watch one, but I was exhausted and told him to just go lay in our bed and I'll put it in (yes, I know-- this was probably bad parenting to begin with). The video was working, but you couldn't see it on the TV so of course, in frustration, I yell out... "piece of Sh*!". As I'm never fully able to get it to work, I tell Adam it's broken to which he says "Mommy, its a piece of Sh*!?" (and, I shall say, he repeats the phrase over and over). I tried not to laugh-- but the truth is he was right! After hiding my giggles, I try to straighten up enough to tell him that that is a bad word and not to repeat it... I'm NOT taking bets on whether he will or not.
Jeez... I definately deserve the parent of the year award!
No comments:
Post a Comment