Everyone knows I love a good deal. Well this one rocked! Zachary has to wear special diapers (non-chlorine, organic) or he breaks out in a horrible rash. These normally run me about $12 for a pack of 20 and he goes through about 1.5 packs a week. So we will go and get four packs every other week or so and spend close to or over $50 .
This past weekend they were on sale for $5 a pack at Babies R Us... awesome. But it gets better. I had a Babies R US coupon that took $2 off each pack making them $3 a pack... can it get better... it can... I had a manufactures coupon that took another $1.50 off each pack. Total we paid for our $12 a pack diapers... $1.50 each!! Damn I'm good!
Unfortunately you could only print one manufactures coupon per computer... no problem here, I made all my colleagues print coupons for me. Yep-- I'm that lame. I almost went door to door to my neighbors and/or made my family print some and fax them to me. But I didn't go quite that far and was only able to get around 6 of the manufacturer coupons.
Joe and I went in the freezing cold and rain on New Years day and picked up 3 packs each (as there was a 3 pack limit) paying $1.50 a pack. Then we went the next day and picked up 3 more packs each (we didn't have the extra $1.50 coupon this time, but they were still only $3 each with the BRU $2 coupon). We figured 12 packs will hopefully get us through the next 3 to 4 months and then we are hoping to start looking at potty training. So for our 12 packs we paid a grand total of... $27!
So did I seriously just do a whole blog post about my diapers deal. Yes I did! For those of you that are parents you will understand why this was so exciting for me. And those of you who are out for a good deal will probably also understand. Couponing has become my new addiction... but heck, of all the addictions, at least this one saves me money.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Earth's Best Deal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so proud of you! I VERY proud...and jealous! I an very jealous! I with you would do all of that leg-work for me so I can find the deals too!
Post a Comment