Thursday, January 8, 2009

Teething with Two

It seems as if we just put up all the beautiful decorations and yet Christmas has passed and it was time for the tree to be put away and lights to come down. However, the light in our souls continues to shine with the love of God.

The kids ornaments from school--
The weekend was nice, but with two kids teething-- none of us were getting any sleep... which made for some cranky kids and parents too! We went to a birthday dinner for daughter of a dear friend, and, although we had some fun, we were all on the brink of exhaustion.
At multiple times I felt as if I was at my wits end and not sure if I could take it anymore. With decorations to be put away, a messy house, lots of laundry, etc. I often felt as if I was not getting anything done-- as soon as I would get one kid settled and happy... the other would start. Diapers, bottles, tears... the Christmas and New Years holidays from "work" seemed at times to be even more work.
In between diaper changes, I was trying to get some laundry put away when I turned around and saw this. My two precious gifts playing so tenderly with one another. It was just a brief moment of calm-- but however how brief... sights and moments like this are worth every smelly diaper, spit-up covered shirt, moldy milk bottle...

P.S. -- Thank you to Justin and Lauren who made this brief moment of peace possible with thier fish tank gift to Zachary!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I love that picture of the two of them. Zachary looks like such a big boy! His new haircut really makes him look so grown!