It's been a wild few weeks in our household (but this is actually the norm). The boys are doing well and growing more and more everyday. The other day I went to pick up Zachary from their school and asked his teacher if he had grown while I was at work... he looked huge! He is loving solid foods- pears seem to be his favorite so far. Joe says he is going to be our little linebacker and Adam (who is constantly on the go and has a good little arm on him) is going to be our quarterback. Here he is- at not even 5 months- wearing an outfit Adam wore around 8 months of age.

And he now officially holds his own bottle! What a cutie...

Adam on the other hand has become our picky eater. One day he will eat something and the next he decides it is "nasty". I always put a variety of foods on his plate and try to get him to at least try everything (covering what I can in cheese or jelly or peanut butter). Some days I am more successful than others. One night the only thing I could get him to eat was waffles with peanut butter-- he ate a good bit of it and then decided he needed to feed Elmo.

A couple weeks ago I came down with a nasty cold virus that lasted several weeks. Then both the kids came down with the same. When I was going in for a check up for Zachary-- Adam was with me and not acting right... the doctors agreed and decided to check him too. Poor thing was running a 103 temp! Zachary (and Adam for a couple days) had to have breathing treatments. But both seem to be doing better now-- thanks be to God!


With the crazy weather lately it is no wonder why we have all been sick. It has been 50 degrees one day and 20 and snowing the next. We had a considerable ice storm last week that made things pretty icky around here. Our front yard has been an ice rink since Wednesday. It got up to 45 degrees today, so it has just about melted, but the weather forcaster is calling for more snow tonight...

And then there is our big project for the past few weeks, moving the boys into their new beds- Zachary into the crib in the nursery and Adam into his "big boy bed". The transition was actually going much more smoothly than expected, but the past few nights we have reverted a bit. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. We have also been working on updating the boys rooms as well as some of the other rooms in the house. What was supposed to be a one weekend project has turned into a two month project. Such is the life with two rambunctious little ones- and I am okay with that! Below are some pics from the first night that the boys slept in their new beds.


So completes a snapshot into what we have been up to for the past few weeks. In this home... there have been laughs and there have been tears, there has been quiet times and there has been piercing screams, there has been kids all snuggled in bed and exhausted parents, there have been kisses and hugs, but most of all there has been unyielding, unending, unbelievable love.
2 comments:
I really miss my nephews...a LOT! :(
You'll have to give me some advice on the crib to bed transitioning. Miss you! Meg
Post a Comment