The second song I heard this morning (actually it was the first, but whatever) is Reba's "I keep on loving you". This song always gets to me a little bit. I think all too often individuals think that marriage is a cake walk... HA! It's hard! It's work! But when you find the one you're meant to be with- God let's you know- and the journey is AWESOME!
But the part of this song that actually really hit home today was just the first verse (especially the last two lines):
Love takes the patience of Job
That's what my Mama always said
Faith is the belief in something more than what you know
That's what the Good Book says
You gotta play the cards you got
Who knows what fate is holding
At times you gotta go without knowing where you're going
You see, this week we started what Joe likes to call our "experiment". But it is far from that for me. It is where my heart led me, and although I don't know what fate holds for us... I know that I have to play the cards I got and trust that God is leading me in the right direction, even if I'm not sure where I'm going.
Although there are still lots of loose ends and questions about our little "experiment"... like many other things in my life... I'm going into this one with nothing but fate. And so far, things are going well.
Life is indeed a journey. I think all too often we feel like we should close our eyes and hang on tight, but by doing so we don't get the full thrill of the ride. What we should really do is keep our eyes open, throw our hands up, and trust that God will steer is in the right direction! So far, He has certainly done so for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment