Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thankful Hearts

We do our Christmas sibling and cousin gift exchange at Thanksgiving every year. This year we had Thanksgiving at Taylors and it was wonderful.

It was a nice relaxing Thanksgiving... no worries, no fusses... just enjoying one anothers company. The boys played some games.






The girls took pictures.

And the kiddos were just kiddos.






It was a simple day... but in being simple it was remarkable.
I believe we all too often let life pass us by and fail to take in and treasure the simple moments. I know that I have of lately been too busy trying to get to "what's next" that I have failed to look around me and be thankful for the "right now".
In years to come I will probably not remember what I got for Christmas this year, but I will surely never forgot the way my heart swelled at the sight of a grandmother reading her grandson a book.

These are the moments I treasure...

This is what family is for...

This is what life is all about...

These are the smiles I will never forget...

And this is what I am thankful for...

No comments: