Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Food Fun

I've got a random blog and stream of thought for you today....

One of the favorite past times with my family is EATING! I LOVE food which is perhaps why I am struggling with losing all the weight (which was quite a lot due to my health issues) from my pregnancies. But that is okay, becuase I have two beautiful boys and a husband who still thinks I'm beautiful. So I am trying to watch my weight, but also still enjoying my food.

Coming from such different backgrounds, Joe and I have had a lot of fun in the past five years with introducing each other to new foods. And introducing our boys as well. We have a rule in our house... you don't have to like, you don't have to eat it all, but you do have to try it! Last week when Taylor was in town she and Eric got to try some of Joe's awesome qeema and Ella loved the spicy chick pea side dish.

Surprisingly Zachary also was gobbling up the spicy chick peas-- he is quite the little eater and not near as picky as his older brother. Zachary's favorite foods-- cheese, chick peas, salad, and PICKLES. Yep, he LOVES pickles! I gave him some pickles off a salad bar at a burger joint while down in Texas. When our food finally came I took the pickles away from him, but when he started throwing a FIT I relented and gave them back. This weekend we got a big jar of pickles for our cute little pickle boy!

So this morning I was perusing the blogs of all the family members and I read a post on Lauren's about their dinner yesterday. Kason and Justin had a hankering for some corned beef hash and cabbage. YUM! YUM! I don't think Lauren was so excited about their dinner choice. Corned beef and hash and cabbage is a meal that I also introduced to Joe when we married. When he sat down for dinner I remember him asking: "What is this? It looks like dog food?" to which I laughed and said "Just try it!" Since then, Joe has come to love some of the foods I've introduced him to such as my mom's meatloaf or his favorite- corn casserole. But corned beef and hash -although at the top of mine and my siblings lists- still is not on the top of his list. :)

I however was CRAVING some after reading Lauren's blog. I went downstairs to grab some breakfast from the cafe in my office building and low and behold....

Corned beef and hash!!



Boy was I excited!

Is it sad that this was the highlight of my day?!? HA!

No comments: