It's been awhile since my last post and I promise to get some pictures posted and get caught up soon. To be honest, it probably won't be today though.
I don't have tons (I was too busy enjoying the family instead of taking pictures) but I do have some good pictures of our whirl wind Texas trip to share. I will try to get those up on the blog as soon as possible, but until then... I will leave with you a few things that have, even in troubling times, uplifted my spirits lately.
1) I have been Ms. Cranky Pants lately (sorry Joe). Yesterday, I all but had a breakdown when dear little Adam REFUSED to take a nap when, for more reasons than one, I REALLY needed him to. If he said, "No bed, no nap" one more time I thought I was going to lose it... and did at one point. But I thank God for the wonderful helper he gave me. My awesome husband always seems to be right there to take over when I am at the end of my rope and barely hanging on. Even when I am too stubborn at times to just let go of that rope, Joe will come along and wrangle it from me. It may make me angry at the time as I refuse to admit defeat, but sometimes... winning is in the defeat.
2) "Mama"... he said it and, I think, meant it. What a wonderful sound. Zachary has been talking for awhile and mumbles "Dada" quite frequently. But Saturday Joe was downstairs with Adam (who was subsequently getting in trouble and put in timeout - for the first time by his "daddy"- for hitting our tenant), when Zachary suddenly looked up at me and exclamined "mama" clear as day! There was quite a bit of ruckus downstairs, and although it somehow felt odd... I couldn't help but to smile. :)
3) "Brother"... we have been trying to get Adam to call Zachary by his name. But from the day he was born, he has just referred to him as "baby". That is until recently. While down in Texas he suddenly started calling him "brother". I guess he decided that he is growing up and not quite a "baby" anymore. In fact, this weekend I was trying to clean out the closet when I heard ruckus (again) in the bedroom. Adam was shouting "No Brother"; I just ignored it and thought if things were really bad there would be crying. But when Joe walked into the room screamed out, I came running to find out what was wrong. Our dear Zachary had decided that he wanted some milk... so he grabbed Adam's cup right from his hand and was drinking every last drop of the whole milk. Yep, not a baby anymore... beating up on his older brother already!
Life with my boys. Never a dull moment. It's crazy. It's fun. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment