Monday, December 3, 2007

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas


Okay, so we all knew that I was not going to be the best at keeping up with this blogging thing. The fact that I now will have four posts, I think is pretty good for me. But Taylor has said that I need to update, so I am trying to follow directions.

We spent Thanksgiving in Texas and had a blast with all the Knights! It was great to have the whole family together and a cherished holiday.

Shortly after coming home we all came down with the nasty stomach virus that we so desperately tried to avoid from the Coker family. (Although- it may sound funny to say- but I truly believe that the fun we had with everyone together was well worth a day or two over the tolit!)

And this past weekend was spent running errands, doing laundry, and getting back into some type of routine. We got our tree put up and I was ecstatic to hang our new stockings. (My mom made Adam his Christmas stocking just as she did when we were children and "passed down" the "Mom" and "Dad" stockings that were her's and my dad's for so many years. It touched me dearly to be able to hang these cherished heirlooms from my mantel. I also was given the tree skirt and a hanging "Happy Holidays" sign that she sewed. Words cannot describe how much this all meant to me!)

We had big plans to hang up the lights outside on Sunday, but a rainy day foiled our agenda. We therefore curled up together and vegged out on the couch watching football all day! Having not done this in awhile- it felt really good to just sit still and enjoy being a family together.

I have so much to be thankful for and I am so lucky! Life is good.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Thanks for FINALLY updating your blog! It is about time! :) He he!

I am glad you put up most of your Christmas stuff. I know how much the pass down items mean to you. :)

We love you all!

Taylor said...

I like the picture of Adam and Major...so sweet...