Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Birthday Season

We experience birthday season in our house during the first few months of the year, into Spring and over the Summer then we have a little break in birthdays for the holidays. The first birthday we celebrated was my newest nephew... what a little handsome guy he is... and what a great daddy he has. I can't believe my youngest brother is now a dad.






The first birthday for our kiddos is our eldest. He turned 7 this year! My how time flies! As is tradition, we allow the children to decide whether they would like a gift or a party for their birthday (they are smart... they always choose party because, as they say, people will bring presents to the party).

It is also tradition that they tell us what theme they would like and then we roll with it. Adam has been wanting to have his "American Ninja Warrior" party for awhile. He is obsessed with the show! He climbs every door jam and wall in my home. It drives me nuts!



It was pouring down rain... but the boys went outside and did the obstacle course anyways!




This promptly led to having a pile of wet clothes and shoes. Boys! They are so much fun.



Doing the spiderwalk down my hallway...

My birthday was next. We rang in my birthday... at the ER! The night before the baby started to get sick and quickly was becoming dehydrated. After awhile in the ER and several x-rays as they thought it might be more than a virus (or what I think was food poisoning), the other little one started to get sick, multiple times, all over the room, all over himself, all over us. The hospital was great and gave Joe some very awesome scrubs and this little guy his "doctor shirt" which he didn't want to take off so was crying about.  


We spent the rest of my birthday getting them better and getting our taxes done. The boys seemed so disappointed in the events of my birthday and the fact that they didn't even get me a cake (which I think was more because they wanted one than I). But I tried to tell them that these type of things happen and sometimes things can't be avoided. They did make me some very sweet cards which I treasure...



What I didn't know is that their contrived disappointment the day of my birthday was just a cover up for the fact that they had planned me a surprise party for a few days later! What an awesome evening!! My friends and family are amazing!





Up next... this little one turns a year! I can not believe it! 








No comments: