Friday, December 10, 2010

Going through the Bad, to appreciate the Good

I know that I am very far behind in my blogging.  And I do hope to share pictures and stories of our summer and fall.  For there is indeed so much to share-- my youngest brother married, a trip of a lifetime to Paris, my sweet baby boy Zachary turned the big 2 with an awesome Robot party, I got a new job that brings me incredible joy, and much more.  But before I do a Summer- Winter 2010 re-cap... there is another post that I need to write.

This is both a post that I don't want to write, and one that I have been so excited to write.  It is about a door closed and a window opened.  It is about someone leaving, someone coming.  It is about God-- his mercy, his grace, his unfaltering love.

Here is the bad--

This past week I lost one of my best friends.  I don't really have the words to describe all my emotions.  Nor do I feel such is necessary.  The fact is, I loved Major more than words.

When we came home from a visit to see my family in Texas, we walked in and found my dear Major under the Christmas tree.  He was waiting in his favorite place, waiting for us to come home, and waiting to say goodbye.

I miss him desperately and will do so for quite some time.  But I know he is no longer hurting. I know he is free from pain.  I know he is happy.  And that makes me happy.

The boys understand (to varying degrees) and I know will miss him as well.  Adam wanted to make sure Major had stickers, so we made sure he was able to give him some.   Our family, friends, and neighbors engulfed us in their love.  I cannot be more thankful!  To have such people by our side in good times and bad is a gift I don't take lightly.

And now for a little bit about good times...

Here is the good--

I was going to wait awhile before sharing this news. But then, I figured, it was news that I was excited about and I want to share that excitement with others.  So here it is...

No, that is not Adam.  It is Zachary, and he is wearing a "Big Brother" shirt.

YES!!  We are expecting our 3rd child!!

We are excited about what the future holds.  There is no guarantee of what tomorrow brings, but we trust that God has a plan and will guide us.  Each day is truly a gift.  And as this little one grows inside me... the miracle of life is more apparent than ever.

So... here is my family (all 5 of us)... wishing your's a season that is Merry and Bright!

2 comments:

Kierstyn said...

AAAHHHHHH!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Ragan said...

Yea! Thinking and praying for you. Love you Cammie!!!