Friday, April 10, 2009

Adam's Birthday Weekend

A fun filled celebration weekend started with Adam's party at school on Friday. We got Adam a "cookie" cake since cookies are one of his favorite foods (even more so that actual cake). When Joe dropped him off that morning, he attempted to take the boys in before coming back to the car for the cake. But Adam was very offended and would not let Joe leave the cookie cake in the car.

When he got in they put it on the counter and Adam was a little upset that they weren't going to have it right away, but then he calmed down a bit when they served breakfast. But as soon as Daddy showed up (Mommy got stuck at work) he RAN and pointed up to the counter shouting cookie, cookie. He knew it was time for his school celebration! Then it was off for haircuts, Friday evening...
Zachary got his first "real" haircut. Here he is before...
And watching his big brother-
Adam normally throws hysterical FITS when we try to get his haircut. We told him that he had to be real good so that he wouldn't scare Zachary. And if he was real good he could have his favorite thing for dinner, pizza. He sat SO still. It was amazing!
Then it was time for Zachary! :)
What a big boy!
So happy about his haircut.
Adam enjoying his treat for being so good- pizza, pizza! (although it seems like it on this blog, we really don't feed him pizza ALL the time).
Zachary trying to figure out exactly what was going on.
Check me out! How cute am I?!?
Look down...
Uh, oh... getting a little upset. He didn't like the water being sprayed on him.
And the boys with Pooran (the lady who does Joe's hair and gave each of the boys their first "real" haircut... she is so patient and wonderful with them).
Saturday was "Daddy's Day". This is what he did... Yep, hanging out with the Redskins cheerleaders (he got invited to be a VIP judge at their tryouts through his work). Yep, my body looks like that too! HA!
THE BIRTHDAY BOY!!Time to party!!I like to personally make the boys their personal little cake. I made a bus cake for Adam. Okay, so I'm no chef, but it turned okay. At least Adam could tell what it was. He opened the refrigerator and when he saw it shouted, "Look mom, bus!" That simple comment was totally worth it!!
Both boys got SO excited when we went to pick up the balloons. They were squealing with excitement in the car, we knew it was going to be difficult to get them to go down for their naps.
A little tired from not getting his whole nap, and a little confused about why his school friends were all at his house when he woke up... And here it comes.... the BEAR BUS! I was determined to get a bus for Adam's birthday. He is obsessed with them!
Pointing and shouting BUS, BUS!!
Jumping with excitement on the bus!
Listening to the directions on how to make his bear. Our AWESOME neighbor acting as security and controlling all the kiddos as they get on the bus. He later became our party photographer as well. He has a man of many trades.
Adam's dogAdam was totally silent and in awe as everyone sang happy birthday. He knew it was his SPECIAL day!Zachary kept trying to eat everyone's cupcakes as I passed them out. He was getting quite annoyed that he couldn't have one... so I gave in and let him dig in.And dig in he did! He was MAD, MAD when the cupcake was gone and there was no more to eat.Just before the bus left... Adam went and sat down, and refused to get off.Us trying to coax him off the bus...A terrible picture, but Adam was crying hysterically about the bus leaving. We finally got him settled down by showing him that there were gifts he could open.Golf clubs from Gigi! They were a big hit with ALL the kids.
All too soon the party was over. And it was time to clean the mess. Luckily our little neighbor is an excellent help and loves to sweep and vacumn... he was showing Adam how to do it. This is a trait that I sure wouldn't complain about if Adam picked it up! It was a brillant day!! We would ask Adam how old he was and he would say, "One, oh no, two. " with such excitement. The joy on Adam's face all day was such a beautiful sight... almost as beautiful as the first time I laid eyes on him two short years ago. I love you so much my precious baby. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Boo Bear!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Oh, Cambrey, it looks like he has the MOST incredible birthday party. The bus is precious! I have never seen anything so cute.

I so wish we lived where we could be a part of these things.

So much love to all!

PS - I got a new phone today, but I do not know anyone's numbers! Call me!

Carla said...

Did you really make that bus cake but if so, I'm REALLY impressed!!