Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pink Balloons


My company participates in the Race for the Cure each year. The week preceeding the big race, we hold "Think Pink" week in which there are various activities to promote the event and raise funds. This cause is close to the hearts of me and my colleagues as a co-worker and dear friend of mine is a 3 time survivor of breast cancer. The cause is also close to me because I have had many family members affected with cancer. I have lost 3 of my 4 grandparents-- all who fought their own battles of various types of cancer. Although donations for the Race for the Cure go towards finding a cure for breast cancer in particular, the hope is that one day a cure will be found for all cancers... and this word will no longer be part of our language!

On Monday we recieved balloons to fly in our cubicles in honor or memory of those who have fought cancer. Mine were flown in memory of my beloved Grandmommy who went to meet the Lord before I was able to meet her here and my two grandfathers- Grandaddy and Papa- who I miss dearly. I love you all very much and know that you are smiling down upon us from the gates of Heaven.

1 comment:

Carla said...

My roommate is a Zeta and Race for the Cure is one of their biggest philanthropy events of the year and we always love participating in everything they do. I love the balloons!